Class teacher: Miss Condliffe
Teaching Assistant: Miss Howard
David Walliams is a British comedian, actor, author, and presenter. Walliams is also a writer of children's books. He has sold more than 25 million copies and his books have been translated into 53 languages. He has been described as "the fastest growing children's author in the UK" and his literary style has been compared to that of Roald Dahl.
David Walliams has received various awards and honours. Walliams was given a special award in recognition of his sporting efforts for charity, such as swimming the length of the River Thames and the English Channel. Walliams raised more than £1.5 million when he swam the English Channel for Sport Relief charity and received won the Pride of Britain Award for "The Most Influential Public Figure.”
David Walliams has received a variety of awards. He won the Lincolnshire Young People's Book Award in the 9-11-year-old category with his book, Mr Stink. He has also been recognised as the Best TV Judge at the 2015 National Television Awards. Walliams has received numerous Specsavers National Book Awards for “Children’s Book of the Year”, for example Awful Auntie and Ratburger. We will be celebrating David Walliams in Class 3 for his contributions to promoting a love for reading among children, especially for boys.
In March 2010 Walliams and a group of celebrities cycled an end-to-end journey through the UK, raising over £1 million for Sport Relief. Walliams suffered a serious fall when tackling the Kirkstone Pass, a thousand-foot climb in the Lake District, but was able to complete the ride.
For these reasons, we want to take influence from David Walliams and promote these positive values in Class 3.
David Walliams is truly inspirational!
- Reading needs to be done regularly at home through both their home reading book and Bug Club. When a child has completed 100 reads, they will receive a reward in assembly.
- Homework will be given out each Friday to be returned by the following Thursday. Children will also need to complete their learning journal at the end of each half term to celebrate what they have been learning in topic.
- Children will also receive their spellings on Friday and will be tested on Thursday.
- E will be on Wednesday mornings and Thursday afternoons, therefore please ensure that your child brings in their kit on these days.
- Swimming will take place during the summer term, therefore please ensure that your child brings in a swimming kit for these days.