Class Teacher: Miss Newell
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Houghton
About Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson CBE is a Scottish former football manager and player who managed Manchester United from 1986 to 2013. Under his leadership, Manchester United won 13 Premier League titles, 2 European Cups, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners' Cup.
Welcome to Ferguson class! We are named after one of the greatest and most successful managers of all time. His style of leadership had a direct impact on the reactions and performance levels of his players. Ferguson inspired, developed and challenged his players which resulted in the teams he managed becoming extremely successful. I hope that I will be able to emulate some of his attributes to help your children to be the best that they can be.
- Reading Journal and Maths Journal homework books are given out on Fridays, to be returned by the following Thursday.
- Learning Journeys will be given out each half term – dates of return will be given with the task.
- Spellings will be given out on Fridays and tested on the following Thursday.
- Your child will continue to access Bug Club online for their class reading books (reminder log-in and new passwords will be sent home). Your child should be reading for at least 10-15 minutes a night and should try to complete a Bug Club book at least every two weeks. The date started and completed, book title and comment about the book should be entered by your child. Please check your child’s reading record on a weekly basis and sign/comment if you read with your child. Paper books can be read in conjunction with the online books and can also be recorded in the reading record book.
- Your child will receive a sticker on their class reading chart for each book they read and record.
- We would like the children to read as much as possible and would encourage you to enjoy reading with your child at home. This can be any form of reading: online Bug Club books comics, stories, newspapers, library books etc.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables Rockstars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will obviously help with multiplication and division calculations and also with work on a range of different areas in maths.
- PE lessons for this half term will be on Mondays and Fridays, so please make sure your child has their full PE kit in school on these days. If your child wears earrings, we ask that these are removed for these lessons.
- You will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account.
- A meeting about the National SATs tests will be held in the New Year. The tests will take place in the week beginning 13th May 2019.
We look forward to working together with you as parents to help your children to reach their full potential. If there are any concerns that may arise over the course of the year, please do not hesitate to contact me via the school office. We are extremely excited to get to know all of your children and hope that they have an enjoyable and successful year.
Miss Newell and Mrs Haughton