Class Teacher: Ms Campbell
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Bentley
About Emmeline Pankhurst
Emmeline Pankhurst (1858-1928) was a strong-willed and courageous Mancunian, who believed women should have the same rights as men. She was the leader of the British suffragette movement and an activist for women’s rights. She stood up for her beliefs and changed the lives of British women forever.
Welcome to Pankhurst class! We are named after the inspirational Emmeline Pankhurst, who led a 40 year campaign which secured equal voting rights for women. Only days after her death, all women over the age of 21 were granted the same voting rights as men. Today, all men and women from the age of 18 can vote.
- Reading Journal and Maths Journal homework books are given out on Fridays, to be returned by the following Thursday.
- Learning Journeys will be given out each half term – dates of return will be given with the task.
- Spellings will be given out on Fridays and tested on the following Thursday.
- Your child will continue to access Bug Club online for their class reading books (reminder log-in and new passwords will be sent home). Your child should be reading for at least 10-15 minutes a night and try to complete a Bug Club book at least every two weeks. The date started and completed, book title and comment about the book should be entered by your child. Please check your child’s reading record on a weekly basis and sign/comment if you read with your child. Paper books can be read in conjunction with the online books and can also be recorded in the reading record book.
- Your child will receive a sticker on their class reading chart for each book they read and record.
- We would like the children to read as much as possible and we would encourage you to enjoy reading with your child at home. This can be any form of reading: online Bug Club books comics, stories, newspapers, library books etc.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables Rockstars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will obviously help with multiplication and division calculations and also with work on fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Please ensure that every item of your child’s clothing and their bag are clearly labelled with their name.
- PE lessons for this half term will be on Mondays and Fridays, so please make sure your child has their full PE kit in school on these days. If your child wears earrings, we ask that these are removed for these lessons.
- You will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account.
- A meeting about the National SATs tests will be held in the New Year. The tests will take place in the week beginning 13th May 2019.
We look forward to completing the final year of your child’s South Failsworth learning journey with them. Enjoy Year 6!
Ms Campbell and Mrs Bentley