Class Teacher: Mrs Brown
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Rose
Welcome to the Attenborough page. Below you will find useful information about your child’s year in Year 4. I am looking forward to getting to know all the children in my class and ensuring that they are all fulfilling their potential.
Why David Attenborough?
David Attenborough (born May 8, 1926) is an English broadcaster, writer, and naturalist noted for his innovative educational television programs. Sir David has done more than almost any other person to help millions of us understand and appreciate the wonders of the world around us. David Attenborough is widely considered a national treasure in Britain and is a patron or supporter of many charitable organisations which support conservation.
- Children will have a Learning Journal to submit at the end of each half term in order to promote their topic work in History, Geography or Science.
- Along with their homework, children will also receive their weekly spellings on a Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
- Your child will continue to access Bug Club online for their class reading books (reminder log-in and new passwords will be sent home). Your child should be reading for at least 10-15 minutes a night and should try to complete a Bug Club book at least every two weeks. The date started and completed, book title and comment about the book should be entered by your child. Please check your child’s reading record on a weekly basis and sign/comment if you read with your child. Paper books can be read in conjunction with the online books and can also be recorded in the reading record book.
- Your child will receive a sticker on their class reading chart for each book they read and record.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables Rockstars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will help with multiplication and division calculations.
- Please ensure that every item of your child’s clothing and their bag are clearly labelled with their name.
- PE lessons for this half term will be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so please make sure your child has their full PE kit in school on these days. If your child wears earrings, we ask that these are removed for these lessons.
- In Autumn 2 your child will begin swimming. You will be notified of all relevant details prior to these sessions.
Throughout the year, you will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account. We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
Mrs Brown and Mrs Rose