Class Teacher: Miss Newell
Teaching Assistant: Miss Baron
Welcome to the Attenborough page. Below you will find useful information about your child’s year in Year 4. I am looking forward to getting to know all the children in my class and ensuring that they achieve their full potential.
Why David Attenborough?
David Attenborough (born May 8, 1926) is an English broadcaster, writer, and naturalist noted for his innovative educational television programs. Sir David has done more than almost any other person to help millions of us understand and appreciate the wonders of the world around us. David Attenborough is widely considered a national treasure in Britain and is a patron or supporter of many charitable organisations which support conservation.
- Children will have a Learning Journal to submit at the end of each half term in order to promote their topic work in History, Geography or Science. This will be set on Seesaw.
- Along with their homework, children will also receive their weekly spellings on Seesaw every Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
- Your child will continue to access Bug Club online for their class reading books (reminder log-in and new passwords will be sent home). Your child should be reading for at least 10-15 minutes a night and should try to complete a Bug Club book at least every two weeks. The date started and completed, book title and comment about the book should be entered by your child. Please check your child’s reading record on a weekly basis and sign/comment if you read with your child. Paper books can be read in conjunction with the online books and can also be recorded in the reading record book.
- Your child will receive a sticker on their class reading chart for each book they read and record.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables RockStars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will help with multiplication and division calculations and also in a range of different areas of maths.
- PE lessons for this half term will be on Mondays and Thursdays. On the days that children have PE, we will allow children to come into school wearing their PE Kit. This will be for the autumn term and will be reviewed at Christmas.
- You will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account.
We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
Miss Newell & Miss Baron