Class Teacher : Mr Goodman
Teaching Assistant : Mrs Timms
William Shakespeare was one of our country’s greatest writers. He was born in 1564 and died in 1616. He is most famous for the plays he wrote. His plays are still performed today and studied in schools all over the world. He also wrote poetry. Many phrases from his plays are used in everyday language today such as ‘Eaten me out of house and home.’
We will be learning about some exciting topics in Year 5. First of all, we will be learning about the fascinating country of Brazil. As the year progresses, we will learn about such topics as the Ancient Greeks, World War II and the Amazon Rainforest.
Important Information :
- Children will have a Learning Journal to submit at the end of each half term in order to promote their topic work in History, Geography or Science.
- Along with their homework, children will also receive their weekly spellings on a Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
- Children should be reading either a school reading book or electronic book on ‘Bug club’ at least once a week. Any reading at home should be recorded in the yellow reading records.
- PE days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Please ensure that all items of your child’s clothing are clearly labelled (including PE kit).
We hope that your child has a fantastic time in Year 5.
Mr Goodman and Mrs Timms