Class Teacher : Mr Goodman
Teaching Assistant: Miss Baron
Our class is named after Alan Turing. Alan Turing was a British mathematician. He made major contributions to the fields of mathematics, computer science, and artificial intelligence. He worked for the British government during World War II, when he succeeded in breaking the secret code Germany used to communicate.
In 2019 the Bank of England announced that Turing would be featured on the new 50-pound banknote.
We will be learning about some exciting topics in Year 5. First of all, we will be learning about the fascinating country of Brazil. As the year progresses, we will learn about such topics as the Ancient Greeks, World War II and the Amazon Rainforest.
Important Information :
- Children will be set a piece of homework each half-term. This will be allocated on Seesaw with suggested activities.
- Along with their homework, children will also receive their weekly spellings on a Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
- Children should be reading a school reading book and electronic book on ‘Bug club’ at least once a week. Any reading at home should be recorded in the yellow reading records.
- PE days will be Thursday and swimming on Wednesday (until Christmas). On Thursdays, the children should come into school in their PE kit. However, on Wednesdays (for swimming) , they should be in normal uniform.
- Please ensure that all items of your child’s clothing are clearly labelled (including PE kit).
We hope that your child has a fantastic time in Year 5.
Mr Goodman & Miss Baron