Class Teacher: Mrs Brown
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Houghton & Mrs Timms
About Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson CBE is a Scottish former football manager and player who managed Manchester United from 1986 to 2013. Under his leadership, Manchester United won 13 Premier League titles, 2 European Cups, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners' Cup.
Welcome to Ferguson class! We are named after one of the greatest and most successful managers of all time. His style of leadership had a direct impact on the reactions and performance levels of his players. Ferguson inspired, developed and challenged his players which resulted in the teams he managed becoming extremely successful. I hope that I will be able to emulate some of his attributes to help your children to be the best that they can be.
- Learning Journey details will be sent out via Seesaw each half term.
- Spellings will be sent out via Seesaw on Fridays and tested on the following Thursday.
- Your child will continue to access Bug Club online for their class reading books. Your child should be reading for at least 10-15 minutes a night and try to complete a Bug Club book at least every two weeks. The date started and completed, book title and comment about the book should be entered by your child. Please check your child’s reading record on a weekly basis and sign/comment if you read with your child. Paper books can be read in conjunction with the online books and can also be recorded in the reading record book. Remember, each recorded read counts towards the 100 reads award.
- Your child will receive a sticker on their class reading chart for each book they read and record.
- We would like the children to read as much as possible and we would encourage you to enjoy reading with your child at home. This can be any form of reading: online Bug Club books comics, stories, newspapers, library books etc.
- Due to the current situation, any paper books brought back to school will be quarantined before being put back on the shelves.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables Rock Stars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will obviously help with multiplication and division calculations and also with work on fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Please ensure that every item of your child’s uniform, P.E. kit and school bag are clearly labelled with their name.
- PE lessons for this half term will be on Wednesdays and Thursdays. As detailed in information already sent home, as part of our risk assessment, children are expected to come to school dressed in their PE kit on their designated days. If your child wears earrings, we ask that these are removed before they come to school on these days.
- Named water bottles should be brought into school each day and the children will be reminded each afternoon to take them home to wash and refill them.
- You will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account. You can send a private message if you wish to communicate with me about your child.
- If your child walks to/from school without an adult, then they are permitted to bring a mobile phone if you wish. Phones should be switched off when they arrive on the school premises and should not be switched back on until they leave the premises. Phones will be kept in a box in the classroom for the duration of the school day.
- A meeting about the National SAT tests will be held in the New Year. The tests will take place in the week beginning 10th May 2021.
- Class fund would be greatly appreciated if you can continue to send this in with your child each week. These donations go towards extra food items for taste testing or cooking and any consumable extras we need to purchase.
After the unprecedented time away from school for most of our children, we welcome you back with great excitement and look forward to completing the final year of your child’s South Failsworth learning journey with them.
Enjoy Year 6!