Class teacher: Mrs Cheers
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Wakefield and Miss Howard
Welcome to Anning Class!
We are named after Mary Anning who was a famous fossil hunter and collector from the 19th century. Over the course of her life she made many incredible discoveries in her home town of Lyme Regis and today Mary is remembered as one of the greatest fossil hunters to have ever lived. No one expected Mary to achieve all that she did. No one thought that a poor girl without much education would find important fossils and learn so much about the world. Mary challenged stereotypes and her curious nature helped to change the world.
I am really looking forward to the year we are going to have together and I can’t wait to complete our learning with ambition, determination and curiosity, just like Mary did!
- Children will have homework to submit at the end of each half term in order to promote their learning and creativity in History, Geography, Science or RE. This will be sent home at the start of each half term and returned in the final week of each half term.
- Along with their homework, children will also receive their weekly spellings on Seesaw every Friday and will be tested the following Thursday.
- Reading is of high priority and children are expected to read regularly through both Bug Club and their home reading book. Reading records will be checked at least once a week during your child’s Guided Reading session and all books read (including those read for pleasure) should be recorded as they will count towards a 100 reads award.
- Please encourage your child to continue using Times Tables RockStars. Being able to recall multiplication facts at speed will help with multiplication and division calculations and also in a range of different areas of maths.
- On PE days, children should come into school wearing their PE kits (white t-shirt, black shorts/joggers and black pumps/trainers). Please ensure all items of your children’s clothes are clearly labelled.
- You will receive regular updates about your child’s learning in school via their Seesaw account and it’s great to receive your feedback too.